Keep these rules in mind to enjoy a safe, comfortable streetcar ride. Presione aquí para ver el reglamento para pasajeros en español.
- To avoid accidents, do not run after a moving streetcar.
- After exiting the streetcar, wait for it to leave the stop before crossing the street. DO NOT cross in front of the streetcar.
- Passengers may only board or exit a streetcar at a designated stop.
- Cover open wounds before boarding to ensure the safety of all passenger. Passengers may be refused service if visible leakage of body fluid is occurring.
- Board, tap your ticket/transfer/Card, and sit or stand.
- Never interfere with the Sun Link operator’s ability to drive safely.
- Dismount your bicycle and roll it onboard. Stand with your bicycle in the designated areas.
- Gasoline-powered (GP) bicycles, GP scooters and GP skateboards are not allowed on the streetcar.
- Passengers in wheelchairs or who cannot step up to board, please use the specially designated ADA ramp to enter and exit the streetcar.
- If you stand during your ride, grasp an overhead rail, side rail stanchion, strap or seat back.
- If standing, never lean against a door while riding on the streetcar.
- Service animals are welcome on the streetcar with their handlers. Service or guide animals, as defined by law, are service animals that have been specially trained to assist persons with disabilities.
- Pets other than service animals must be completely enclosed in carriers. Please keep your animal under control so it does not pose a threat to other passengers.
- Vehicle batteries, gas containers and shopping carts are not allowed on the streetcar.
- Shirts and shoes are required.
- No smoking on Sun Link, including electronic cigarettes.
- No pushing, fighting or throwing objects.
Always Pay Your Fare
Before you ride, you must have one of the following to board Sun Link:
- SunGO Card – loaded with a pass or cash value
- SunGO ID & Card – loaded with a pass or cash value
- 1-Day SunGO Ticket
- 30-Day SunGO Ticket
- GoTucson app with active pass
You CANNOT purchase or pay a fare with cash on board Sun Link. There is no fare box and the operator does not accept fares.
At all streetcar stop vending machines:
- Buy a 1-Day SunGO Ticket with exact change, Visa or MasterCard.
- A 1-Day SunGO Ticket offers unlimited rides on Sun Link, Sun Tran and select Sun Shuttle routes, valid for 24 hours after you first tap.
At any Sun Tran transit center vending machine or sales outlet:
- Buy a new SunGO Card with pass or cash value
- Reload a pass or cash value to an existing SunGO Card or SunGO ID & Card
- Buy a new 1-Day or 30-Day SunGO Ticket
- Reload the same pass as indicated on the front of a SunGO Ticket
Online at http://www.suntran.com/sungo:
- Buy a new SunGO Card with a pass or cash value
- Reload a SunGO Card or SunGO ID & Card with a pass or cash value
- Buy a new 1-Day or 30-Day SunGO Ticket
- Have your SunGO Ticket, SunGO Card, SunGO ID & Card, or GoTucson pass ready when you board.
On the streetcar:
- Tap your card/ticket to the card reader as you board the streetcar. The reader will deduct the proper fare for your trip and automatically process a transfer.
- Sharing your SunGO Card or ticket with other riders is not permitted.
- A fare enforcement agent may request proof of valid fare, activated with a tap. If you have pass on GoTucson mobile app, fare enforecement agent may request to see activation.
Respect Other Riders
- Completely extinguish smoking materials, including e-cigarettes, before you board.
- Enter and exit through whichever door is most convenient and has the least amount of traffic.
- Offer a seat to others who may need it.
- Make it easy for other riders to take a seat. Occupy one seat, keep your feet on the floor, and place bags and backpacks in your lap. Keep walkways clear of obstacles .
- If you stand during your ride, please move away from doors to allow other passengers to easily get on and off the streetcar.
- Use a reasonable volume while talking on your cell phone or with other passengers.
- Offensive language is prohibited.
- Use headphones/ear buds at a low volume for audio or video.
Take Care of the Streetcar
- Keep food and drinks in closed containers. No eating on the streetcar.
- No alcoholic beverages.
- Please don't litter or create unsanitary conditions. Take your trash with you.
- Don't damage Sun Link property. Vandalism or willful destruction of streetcar property is prohibited.
Please click here to view the Tucson Transit Ordinance
>Cover open wounds before boarding to ensure the safety of all passenger. Passengers may be refused service if visible leakage of body fluid is occurring.